Do you have OCD? We offer several different treatment options for individuals with OCD, including intensive outpatient therapy, traditional outpatient therapy, and group therapy. Separate treatment tracks are available for adults, adolescents, and children. In addition to paid treatment options, we also offer free monthly support groups for OCD.
Click the boxes below to learn about our treatment programs for OCD.
Intensive Outpatient Treatment for OCD
Our intensive treatment program for OCD is evidence-based, time-limited, and designed to help you make rapid progress in reducing your symptoms. Treatments are tailored to be interactive and developmentally appropriate for individuals of all ages, including kids, teens, and adults. Our goal is to empower you to stand up to your OCD and take your life back. We will work with you to understand your symptoms, clarify your treatment goals, and give you the tools you need to recover and gain control over your OCD.
Our intensive treatment program for OCD is not for everyone…but is appropriate for:
- Local OR out-of-town patients (with any level of OCD symptoms) who wish to complete treatment in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Individuals who have stubborn symptoms of OCD that have not responded well to traditional outpatient therapy.
- Individuals with severe symptoms who are seeking an alternative to residential treatment or to psychiatric hospitalization (inpatient treatment).
Our IOP for OCD has specific treatment tracks for adults, adolescents, and children. Our IOP for OCD is our most intensive treatment option, and most individuals in this program attend daily therapy sessions. If you do not need daily therapy, you might consider traditional outpatient therapy (see below).
Traditional Outpatient Therapy for OCD
Traditional outpatient therapy includes the same core treatment components as our intensive outpatient program for OCD, but therapy sessions occur less frequently and are spread out over a longer treatment interval. Sessions may be scheduled weekly or may be held a few times a week.
Traditional outpatient therapy is appropriate for:
- Adults, teens, or children with mild to moderate symptoms of OCD.
- Individuals seeking exposure and response prevention (ERP), a specific form of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) that was developed to treat OCD.
Group Therapy Therapy for OCD
On occasion, we also offer group therapy for OCD. Our group treatment options are not a substitute for individual therapy and are only appropriate for current patients wishing to supplement their individual therapy with group therapy sessions. Group sessions are ERP-based experiential meetings that are designed to give group members targeted practice in dealing with specific types of unwanted thoughts.
Recent treatment groups have met to target the following topics:
- Fear of germs and/or contamination.
- Unwanted sexual thoughts.
- Unwanted aggressive thoughts.
- Fear of driving and/or fear of flying.
Prospective group members must be assessed and approved prior to attending one of our group therapy sessions.
Free OCD Support Groups
We also offer free monthly support groups for individuals with OCD. You do not need to be a current patient to attend one of our support group meetings.
For more information about OCD and our approach to treatment, we invite you to read articles from our Director’s blog, which have been republished here.